Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How many bodies have you swept away?

I haven't written in months. Perhaps, two or three--but, the poems are coming more infrequently now that I'm a "grown up" with a "real job"

Writing in college was required---many many poetry courses!
I wrote at least a poem a week. That is upwards of 30 poems a year.
I have only ever liked 10 or so of my poems, but I've been told I'm a good poet.
A simple poet, I'd prefer.

I plan on posting poems---both complete and incomplete once a week.
In a similar way to being held accountable in college, I need motivation to maintain a passion and fine tune a craft.

My hope is to read more poetry as well. I'll post and reflect as frequently as I can about the new poets (and old favorites) I discover and of course, adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment